Monday, August 29, 2005

The Chronicles of Chaos...

Quite an interesting weekend, filled with Music, movies and Swimming !!

Knockin on Heaven's door...
It happened when i was returning from my Swimming sessions on Saturday evening. There was a 90% chance of yours truly becoming a photo in a decorated frame sporting a nice garland. I was on my way home with my friend "Love Elephant", discussing the rash driving habits of Bangaloreans. While i was driving, I just turned back to make my point and when i looked forward, Gosh, i was yards away from a huge buffalo ! I could hear Robert Plant singing "Stairway to Heaven" ( missed the usual guitar riff by Page this time though :) ), Only a swift movement of my disc brake saved our lives ! I paused for a moment, thanked the almighty and headed towards "Pongal" :)

Things not to be missed...
  • Ashes
You are wasting your life if you are not following the Ashes series. This time, England has come back with a vengeance and the Aussies are in deep shit . I guess this is the first time England is showing so much aggression on field. The Kangaroos were not at their usual self, except in sledging where they still prove that they are the Kings ! One can hear what Simon Katich mouthed after he was signalled out by the umpire. Cant wait for the final test :)

  • Coldplay X&Y
This is one of the best albums that i have come across in recent days. Chris Martin rocks again with his vocals. I liked "Fix You", "White Shadows" and "Speed of Sound". At times, they sound like U2, i could picture Edge on Guitar on several occasions (especially in "Fix You"). Awesome stuff !

Perverted Neighbor
This happens almost every night, when my bike or my friend's bike enters the street. A couple of curious eyes peep out of every window in the neighborhood, checking whether their "Unmarried" neighbors have got some company or not (LOL, this is purely based on "Love Elephant's" version). He even proved this fact a couple of times. He asked a valid question: "Who is more perverted, a guy who brings a hooker home, in the night? Or a guy who peeps out of the window to check whether his neighbor has got a hooker in his home, every night? ". I replied in true Solomon Pappaiah style - "Both !".




No comments: