Friday, April 21, 2006

Compensatory On?

Tomorrow(Saturday) is a official working day, as the office was closed last Thursday due to some unavoidable circumstances. This would cause a lot of trouble to lot of poor souls who turned up for work last Thursday due to some deadline and still need to come again tomorrow. This would also cause pain to lot of people who had slogged hard to get a train ticket for travel on Apr 22,in the extremely busy Bangalore - Chennai sector.Also, working on a day when no people in US turn up for work, wouldnt make much sense. I have a suggestion for all those people who made the decision of announcing this Saturday as a working day. Instead of announcing a "full day" as a working day, why cant they add one extra hour work on regular working day, for some 8 days, so as to compensate for a lost day?

6 comments:

nrajesh said...

Think of this scenario wherein u r stuck with a vampire... u r abt 2 get killed anyways & u say suck 100ml of my blood till i die so that i can live a little bit longer. U think that makes a big difference to it? If it sees an opportunity its not going to wait for installments!
But still a valiant attempt i must say!
PS: The reference to the vampire was a mere thought...

Chaosrules said...

@rajesh

Yup, i didn't post my afterthought though ! I would make a bad HR :)

Zealous Zygote said...

In our case, the mail from HR said that if we had managed to come on that thursday, we need not come on Saturday. So, I didnt go on saturday to work

Maharaj said...

Hey hey...nice to hear from you...
your concern for work is touching machi...no wonder slashdot raves about you! ;)

hehe...car ad eh? which one? now i am interested in looking at this...!! hohoho! fwd it if you can da.

Anonymous said...

I guess HR should be involved only to make the decision if it will be a working day (i.e. to decide if free/subsidised food should be made available or not :) ) or not. The decision to work should be left to the developers, I am sure they are intelligent breed and can make a sound decision to work or not based on how they are placed w.r.t. there weekly targets.
Adding one extra hour...well I am not sure how effective that would be, I guess for most of them it would imply 2 additional coffee breaks of 30mins each :)

Chaosrules said...

@ZZ
Thats good !!

@Maharaj
Will search in the net da, i guess it comes only in Indian TV channels, do you happen to get any of the regular Indian channels in Germany?

@Prash
You think like a HR!! I guess you would make a nice "evil" HR ;)