Monday, October 13, 2008

What i read in college...

Today morning, while I was checking my emails, one of my colleagues asked me what an Oscilloscope is. The term sounded very familiar but I couldn't figure out what it was. I was wondering maybe it is something to measure the 'g' value or perhaps where the North Pole is. After sometime, I gave up and referred the ultimate source. When I found what it was, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! I had used Oscilloscope all through my college life, and here I am, 6 years later, struggling to remember what oscilloscope is! I hope my Profs don't read this blog entry :)

8 comments:

Santosh said...

ha ha ha...

You dont remember what an oscilloscope is? Well, I too forgot...

And I had done my graduation project using an oscilloscope - building a Colpitt's Oscillator!

Chaosrules said...

@santosh
Good! Seems like a bad day for me, the same evening i had some doubts in math, was hunting for resources to clarify that 5th standard doubt :)

Santosh said...

hmmm...
overworked maybe...

SriHari said...

you would have seen one lying on my desk everytime you came to meet me in Pluto... enna kevala padithitta da...

Chaosrules said...

@@santosh
Overworked? Well, i am getting into that mode right after posting that entry :)

@srihari
He he he, you had thousand other things on your cubicle which distracted me! Oscilloscope was the last thing i saw on your desk!

HP said...

Tsk Tsk, you forgot looking at Pong on a oscilloscope.

Chaosrules said...

@hp
Yeah i do. Once i figured out what Oscilloscope is, all these things came to my mind as a flashback(imagine the black and white spiral?)

Kabs said...

umm....wat DOES an oscilloscope mean???!!! :)