Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Treat your customer like king, especially during bad times...

Last week, I received an email from my manager stating that there was a workshop organized by a company M(which has lot of cash, so you know who it is J) on a topic of my interest. He asked me to contact XYZ from M to register myself and get more info about this training. So I wrote a mail to XYZ expressing my interest to participate in the workshop and asked for some more details. I waited for a reply but I didn’t get any for about a week. Once again, I send a mail to XYZ asking him whether he received my previous email and had requested him for the event details. Yesterday, I received a one line reply without any address or signature from XYZ –“ Details are as per the email. What else would u like to know”. There was no event detail in any of his mails and it slightly sounded rude. Even the basic communication rule (don’t use sms text in official email) was not followed!

This is the easiest way to lose a customer, just frustrate a customer during bad times and earn a bad name. If many such XYZ’s exist in M, I am sure M would soon take a big hit in its brand image

1 comment:

Woodworm said...

:D Read the term "brand image" with my comment in the next mail.

Basically, what is a brand and why cant it fail?

It is always been rammed in that brands are intangible assets. hese days I tend to think of brands as liabilities. The more hyped up your brand is, the more your problem in pulling everything together and ensure that the slip between the cup and the lip is not noticed - including that last rude employee.

Brands are disrupters of reason, and appeal to human weaknesses. So, it is an illusion we are happy to enjoy and crib, when it "apparently" gets spoilt. When the whole world feels that, that becomes self-fulfilling