Sunday, March 20, 2005

Visit to Luke Air Force Base
I had a surprise, today morning, when my colleague asked me whether i am interested in watching an air show. I immediately accepted his invitation and got into cool casuals. We drove to Luke Air Force Base ( which is very much like the Yelahanka in Bangalore) that was 30 minutes drive from our place. I was thrilled to see so many aircrafts in display, my favourite ones being the F-16s. Sadly, Tomahauk was not on display. I started shooting them one by one (with my camera, ofcourse !). Then the much awaited air stunts started, with a line up of USAF aircrafts displaying a plethora of diving manouvres. Even though the event happened inside an Air Force base, i should say that the security measures weren't adequate,just a thin red line separated the actual fighter planes (that were loaded) from the public! Later on, i heard from one of the US junta that these air shows are held just to encourage the general public to join US Army. After "Operation Freedom" ( especially after the publication of the images from prison camps) , the army is having a negative image. Many such events are being held in almost all the states to cleanup the negative image. A lot of these planes were used in "Operation Freedom".
Earlier this year, a similar event was held in Bangalore, I couldn't attend that one due to various reasons ( the primary one being that there was an entry fee of 1000 bucks). Am glad that i was able to attend this event!
Now playing: " Kaanta Lagaa" - DJ Doll

2 comments:

Woodworm said...

welcome back...

Check the atom feed option in your blog.. Not able to read urs from a RSS client.

HP said...

emoclew.
No atom, No iattom.