Friday, November 11, 2005

High Fives...

Thanks CB for tagging me, here it goes..

Five movies which I like the most
  1. The Matrix (not the entire trilogy)- for its sheer brilliance ! While at college, this movie was the default afternoon/evening movie, when no other movie was available in Hostel. Ended up watching this for over 100 times :)
  2. Forrest Gump- absolutely entertaining. Tom Hanks rocks !
  3. The Godfather- (This reminds me of famous Meg Ryan dialogue in "You've got mail"- "What is it about men and Godfather?"). Also, this was one of the rare movies which was as good as the book on which it was based.
  4. The Shawshank Redemption- awesome prison drama, Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins at their best !
  5. Citizen Kane- This is one movie which made my jaws drop. How can Orson Welles ever think of such story telling and Cinematography techniques, that too in 1941? Aviator, which was a shameless copy of Citizen Kane(concept wise) comes nowhere close.

Five things I can never live without

  1. Food- for obvious reasons
  2. Music- my life, keeps loneliness away
  3. Internet- main means of communication with all my friends
  4. Cell Phone- extension of my arm
  5. Excel- infact I am typing this out in excel and then cut-paste to editor :)

Five most favourite celebrities

  1. Salman Rushdie
  2. Eric S.Raymond
  3. Bono
  4. Kalanidhi Maran
  5. Lance Armstrong

Five things I miss now

  1. Someone's best (wont make sense to anyone else except one)
  2. College Days- Almost everyday I utter about my college life to someone,it taught me a lot about Life, Universe and everything else
  3. Home food :(
  4. Fun time with College Wingies- Life would have been more fun if we were all together. But due to various commitments we are scattered all over the globe.
  5. Physical Activity- Hate to say "No time" for this ! I used to go for swimming…

Five things I plan to do in near future

  1. Buy a Laptop
  2. Do something more technical( if you know my work, you will understand this better)
  3. Be more organized, I have an action plan for this :)
  4. December trip with my friends (yet to plan)
  5. Learn something new, outside office

Last movie I borrowed to watch & still not given back

Gajini- To add to this, one of my colleagues has borrowed this CD from me and he hasn't returned it to me yet !

Five books I love

  1. Midnights Children- Rushdie's masterpiece, though Woodworm thinks "Ground Beneath her feet" to be the best
  2. Lord of the Rings- Once I started reading this book, I never put it down! Finished the entire trilogy in about 10 days( which is a personal best for me ;) )
  3. Three Men in a boat- British comedy, loved reading it !
  4. Harry Potter series- Gripping !
  5. The Dilbert Principle- Must read for everyone spending 1/3rd of their day in Office Cubicle :)

Five people I pass this HIGH FIVES to

  1. Hapi
  2. Sundi
  3. Subbu
  4. Balaji
  5. Dileepan

3 comments:

Dileepan said...

Oh man! :)) This one is huge! Will try to get this done when I am not feeling as lazy as I usually do! :)) Thanks for the tag.

Subs said...

Dude am ignorant here...
what is this funda of tagging..ELABORATE. THANKS FOR THE HIGH FIVES.

Julez said...

Hey,
Nice blog....!

Cheerz