Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Handsfree

Recently i had the pleasure of using handsfree set for my mobile. I have to admit my ignorance on handsfree sets here. When i got this "headphone" accessory along with my mobile, i was under the impression that it can be used only as a headphone for the FM radio. I never really got the time or interest to explore more on the that one meter cord. A fortnight ago, i asked Love Elephant whether my "headphone" can double up as handsfree. He gave me a bad stare and gave me the gyan behind that handsfree accessory. I joined millions of other handsfree users from last Sunday, when i used my handsfree set to talk to my parents(sigh, Does this slightly remind you of A.G.Bell and "Watson i need you?"). I should say i was delighted to use that, as i can always switch to my phone calls while listening to the radio! Also, i read somewhere that it shields the brain from electromagnetic radiation, as one need not keep the mobile close to their head, while speaking to others. Well, i notice lot of people now lot of "handsfree junta" keep their mobile in their waist belt or trouser pocket, wont it affect some other vital body part??

Just curious, from what i have seen in the last 2-3 years, women use mobile phones more often than men. But i hardly find any lady using handsfree set(maybe 1 out of 100 mobile users?), any guesses why?

Now Playing: "Veerapandi Kottayile"- A.R.Rahman

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god !! I've been using handsfree since day 1 of getting that 'human body appendage' ,that since its disappearance i hate attending my calls!! - san antonio !

Anonymous said...

who is love elephant?
-b-

Anonymous said...

" women use mobile phones more often than men. But i hardly find any lady using handsfree set(maybe 1 out of 100 mobile users?), any guesses why?"
theriliye paaa. theriliye