Friday, June 23, 2006

Psenti Post -Part Un

Change. The very word scares me to some extent. What would life be after that? Will it be for good? Will I miss all the fun? There is this feeling of insecurity that comes naturally with any change, atleast for few days before and after the change.

Well, I am writing all this because Love Elephant will be leaving Bangalore for good next weekend. That means the last of the "Dinghian" company for me in the house is gone!

I met LE in Pilani, some 7 years ago, in the Hostel Mess. I first mistook him to be a parent of some student, considering the fact that he really looked like one and was wearing a Lungi. I still remember those days quite vividly; the day he blew condoms after a Beg-Borrow-steal event, the way he used to hunt for Pondy material in hostel rooms, the day we wrestled for taking possession of an empty ice-cream cup, the typical style in which he used to Ghot or ogled at the fairer sex...I still remember the day when he was shit scared about getting caught by warden, in an incident involving the "Little Pondy TT star" and a "white female". He did extremely well in academics, cracking courses at will and eventually becoming the topper in our discipline.

LE is famous for his wit and thought provoking statements, especially when he is "high". He is not a "non-stop-talk" kind of guy (unlike Woodworm of 'yesteryears'. Woodworm has become a lot more silent these days.), but he is famous for making some interesting punch remarks. His adventures during Goa trip and in Bangalore, after getting high are well known in "dinghy" circles! A good swimming partner, he was the chief motivation for me to join swimming ("What the hell?").I would miss those days when his Guitar gently wept...

There are a zillion of incidents involving LE which would evoke laughter.It would be another couple of years before we meet again. I am sure by then, LE would have scaled the Gates of Glory in his usual style. Good Luck Big Poppa, will miss you...


Now Playing : "Sacred Love" - Sting

No comments: