Friday, January 25, 2008

Jack and Karen

Normally i go to bed at about 11 PM, but these days, i am staying awake till midnight just to watch "Will and Grace"! I used to watch this sitcom few years back and i dont feel tired watching it again! The best part in "Will and Grace" is not about Will or Grace, but about Jack and Karen! Those two are simply awesome in their acting and dialogue delivery, their sheer presence on screen makes you laugh! Here is a scene from the "Hocus Pocus" episode, which made me LOL!

This was a scene where Jack is pissed off about Karen's "innovative" ideas during his usual stage show at a gay bar. The scene takes place in a dressing room.

-------------------
JACK: Ok. What the hell were you doin' goin' off book tonight?

KAREN: What are you talking about? Honey, we killed!

JACK: I'm talkin' about that cruise ship comedy you did with your drink. My show is planned down to the smallest detail. From the arch in my eye, to the limp in my wrist, and you pulled some cheap comedy bit we've seen 1,000 times? God!

KAREN: Oh, honey, who cares? I was a big hit, and you know-- Oh, I had another idea for our next show.

JACK: You don't get to have ideas. This show is called "That Old Jack Magic," not "That Old Assistant's Magic."

KAREN: [SQUEAKS] Oh! Old?! Well, how do you know that? There are parts of me that were just a twinkle in a scientist's eye three weeks ago. Besides, I was just trying to help.

JACK: You wanna help? Then remember your place. You're the assistant... And let's not forget where that word comes from-- Latin, meaning "ass of an ant." So keep your ideas to yourself and assist. It shouldn't be that hard. It's what you do. Get it?

No comments: