Monday, May 25, 2009

A Perfect Holiday!

After a really long time, I had a wonderful weekend! Me and my wife spent last two days at my relatives place in Sagara, which was far far away from the fast pace of the city life…surrounded by thick forest and farmlands…No Internet, No mobile phone, Not even an English Newspaper…Where the main highway was about 2kms, reachable only by a narrow mud lane...I thoroughly enjoyed the time there, with lots of fun, chat, long walks and good food J…I also got to do some photography(well, a lot in fact, clicked about 400 odd snaps) in the gardens and forest, learnt something new about the trees/plants in forest, got to see different flowers…Above all, had a nice time with my relatives. Even though we don’t know each other’s language perfectly, we were able to communicate a lot, with my broken kannada! Last year, I visited the same place as a tourist and visited the same house as a guest (well, my wife was a friend then and we were just getting to know each other better)…But this time, it was a wonderful homely feeling…Missing the place already!

4 comments:

Ramya said...

Me too :(

Kabs said...

so sweet!!!!!!!!!! realy gud, and i especially loved the last 6 lines i.e "Last year, I visited the same place as a tourist and visited the same house as a guest (well, my wife was a friend then and we were just getting to know each other better)…But this time, it was a wonderful homely feeling…Missing the place already!" AWESOME!!!!!

Anonymous said...

As technology and modernities surround us more and more, a part of us silently drifts into the simplicity of life as it was once upon a time. I find myself giving a true definition of happiness as I read your post! - alfa

Chaosrules said...

@Ramya: Start planning for the next trip :)

@sweetukavya: Waiting to meet you here! We are looking forward to your holidays more than you :)

@Alfa: Thanks! Someday, you should check out this place!