Thursday, October 06, 2005

On Brand Ambassadors...

I got a chance to watch this show called "I-to-I" on NDTV, where the celebrities play a dual role of interviewer and the interviewee. The episode that i watched featured Vijay Mallya, where he kinda proved why he is considered as Richard Branson of India :) . One valid point he made is that he doesn't need any movie star / celebrity to be his brand ambassador, as he himself plays that role for the UB group. That was a valid claim. I just tried to think about other Indian Big shots, who double up as the brand ambassadors for their own companies. Some non-IT Indian names that came up to my mind are Vasanth Kumar (Vasanth & CO), Selvarathnam (Saravana stores), Balu(Balu Jewellers)... strange, all Chennai big shots! Help me build up this list...

1 comment:

Zealous Zygote said...

You would be one someday, when you would be marketing 'Elephant Food'.

LOL